Techniques to take care of yourself during pregnancy healthy for both mother and fetus
Center : Women Health Center
Article by : Dr. Sungwan Techapongsatorn
During pregnancy, the first important thing that pregnant mothers must consider is taking care of themselves to be healthy and in a completely healthy mental state to make the baby strong and healthy, so take care of yourself properly. So that the baby will be born perfectly healthy. Follow these practices to take care of yourself during pregnancy. It will ensure that your baby is healthy as well.
1. Immediate antenatal
When you know you are pregnant, you should go and have antenatal care immediately to check the mother and baby’s and also receive advice on how to take care of the pregnancy, get vitamins, and know the risk of various diseases that may follow, if problems or unusual things occur during your pregnancy you can and obtain treatment. Including planning to take care of yourself during pregnancy and appropriately for every pregnant mother.
2. Healthy with nutrients
The pregnant mother must receive complete nutrition and enough energy for the baby to have a healthy weight. There is completely physical and brain growth in the first 1-3 months and should receive 2,050 kcal per day, in the 4-6 month increase to 350 and during the 7th-9 increase to 470 kcal per day. Food that a pregnant mother should receive, including:
- Proteins are essential for the formation and growth of fetal cells, coming from animal proteins including eggs, milk, cheese, meat, and fish.
- Carbohydrates, starchy foods but should choose to eat brown rice instead of white rice, whole wheat bread should not eat more than 6 teaspoons of sugar per day and avoid sugary foods.
- Dietary fiber from fruits and vegetables can help prevent constipation. As well as vitamins and minerals that contribute to the maintenance of the pregnancy and create growth processes for the fetus, such as ripe papaya, orange, banana, coconut, guava, lemon, ginger, etc.
- Calcium helps to strengthen bones and maintain bone density, in 1 day you must receive at least 1,000-1,300 mg of calcium per day from foods containing calcium such as milk, yogurt, cheese, small fish, shrimp, whole grains, etc.
- Iodine is an important nutrient that helps develop the nervous system of the baby. Pregnant mothers should get at least 250 micrograms of iodine per day from seafood or foods flavored with iodine-fortified products, such as fish sauce, soy sauce, etc.
- Iron to prevent anemia and increase immunity, foods that contain iron, are egg yolks, red meats Offal Dark green vegetables, blood, sesame, red beans, etc.
- Folic acid prevents abnormalities of the fetal nervous system and brain.
3. Keep your weight fit
Throughout the pregnancy, the mother should have the proper weight according to the body mass index. It depends on your body weight before you get pregnant. The details are as follows
However, you can eat as you wish, which may be twice as much for the fetus but you should choose protein foods and eat foods like carbohydrates and fat. Because if the pregnant mother is too heavy, it may cause risk from complications such as high blood sugar or high blood pressure.
|The pre-pregnancy body mass index (BMI) is calculated by weight (kg) / height (m 2).||Total weight should be increased (kg)|
|BMI <18.5 (underweight)||12.5 - 18.0|
|BMI 18.5 - 24.9 (normal body weight)||11.5 - 16.0|
|BMI 25.0 - 29.9 (overweight)||7.0 - 11.5|
|BMI ≥ 30 (obesity)||5.0 - 9.0|
4. Live a clean life
Including keeping the body clean and should bathe regularly to make the body clean and fresh. But if the weather is cold, use a warm shower and keep warm to the body. Pregnant mothers need to maintain regular oral and dental health. Because the oral cavity is not clean, it may get infected and affect the baby. In terms of clothing, the dress must be appropriate, not too tight, or uncomfortable. Also, avoid high heel shoes that may cause an accident, or shoes that are too tight will cause the feet and legs to swell especially in the third trimester. And most importantly, get enough rest They should sleep 8 hours a night, especially in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy and the third trimester if near birth.
5. Get fit exercise
Exercise in pregnant mothers will help the lungs, heart, bones, and muscles. If your mother is strong the baby receives more oxygen. Exercise should be done properly. Do not exercise too hard. Should do it for about 5 days a week, not more than 30 minutes a day, and should begin after 4 months of pregnancy or the 1st trimester. Also, exercise can be divided into trimesters as follows: 2nd trimester recommends exercises that strengthen muscles. To prepare for the size of the belly that grows and increased body weight. In the third trimester, it is recommended to exercise in specific parts. The recommended exercises include walking, swimming, aerobics. Cycling, yoga, etc. Should consult a doctor to assess the physical condition, if pregnancy is at risk do not exercise a lot, it may tighten the abdomen.
6. Take care of the mind to be bright and not worried
Stress during pregnancy can affect the baby, when pregnant mothers have stress, the chemicals in the body are changed immediately. Which will affects the mother's body and cause fatigue, lack of strength, vascular stenosis, acute headache, insomnia, nausea, loss of appetite, high blood pressure. Low blood sugar, hand tremors, numbness, decreased immunity, etc., and affect the baby, may cause the risk of premature birth, low birth weight at risk of autism or language impairment. Also, there is a greater risk of developmental delay with children of the same age, so pregnant mothers should keep a good mood. So that the baby is healthy, strong, and has good development.
A pregnant mother should be strict about taking care of herself. So that the baby has proper development, healthy, and without any risk symptoms. However, when the mother knows the techniques for taking care of herself during pregnancy. It is also important to act properly. Properly protect the health of the mother and the baby.