Choose to read by topic:
What is Hysteroscopy
Uterine endoscopy (Hysteroscopy) is a medical procedure using an endoscope through the cervix to look at any abnormalities in the cervix and pathology in the uterine cavity directly. Or check the area of the opening of the fallopian tubes into the uterine cavity. This is the best way for the doctor to see the condition of the uterine cavity to determine the exact cause of gynecological disorders in women such as abnormal vaginal bleeding, menopausal bleeding and infertility.
Why do you need Hysteroscopy
Uterine endoscopy (Hysteroscopy) is a diagnostic procedure to find the cause and treat conditions including:
- Diagnosis for women who have gynecological issues such as vaginal bleeding, postmenopausal bleeding, recurrent miscarriage, and infertility from uterine cavity issue.
- Help treating women in removal of a polyp or uterine lump surgery for biopsy, removal of adhesions within the uterine cavity that may has been injected or has a scar before, and help destroying tissue within the uterine in using with electrocautery for the case that has too much blood during period.
What is Office Hysteroscopy
Office Hysteroscopy is a method for examination using a small camera inserted through the cervix, which can show abnormalities in the uterus, through the display screen, in cases where the diagnosis cannot be made from the regular physical examination, history or Ultrasound and X-ray, like an abnormal menstrual period, presence of small polyps or tumors in the uterus, fibrosis, abnormalities of the shape of the uterus, vaginal bleeding during menopause and diagnosed with infertility, etc.
Office Hysteroscopy Advantages
Examinations of the uterus can be done together with other methods, such as curettage or the use of a small tube to gather cells for examination, Wherein these methods cannot directly see the pathology of the uterine cavity. Make it more accurate than endoscopic examinations, Which doctors can visualize the abnormality This allows the biopsy to be precisely aligned with the pathology. Also, the examination with this method is convenient and less likely to have complications than normal hysteroscopy (Hysteroscopy) because patients do not need anesthesia or to fast before the endoscopy.
Who should do an office hysteroscopy
- Women of childbearing age with irregular menstrual bleeding
- Women undergoing uterine ultrasound suspected fibroids or polyps in the uterus
- Postmenopausal women with uterine bleeding
- Women with abnormal uterus such as Septate uterus
- Women who have had 2 or more recurrent miscarriages
- Infertile women
- Women with very little or no history of menstruation
- Women who have been wearing an IUD for a long time and are unable to pull out the loop normally
- Women with heavy menstruation Without finding any pathology from outside the uterus
- Women who were not pregnant after a miscarriage and underwent a curettage
- Women with severe menstrual cramps with suspected uterine pathology
- Non-pregnant women from IVF And two or more good quality embryos have been transferred
Who is not suitable for this method
- Endoscopic examination of the uterus with this small instrument. Not suitable for patients with the following conditions
- People who are currently having menstruation
- Those who are pregnant
- People with inflammation in the pelvis or fallopian tubes
Preparing for a hysteroscopy
In the endoscopic examination of the uterine cavity to diagnose disease Patients do not need special preparation. In some cases, the doctor may give a sublingual medication to dilate the cervix approximately 2 hours before the exam. But should choose a period of examination that the menstrual period has closed for 5 to 7 days and make sure that it is not in the period of pregnancy. In case the pathology is large The doctor may need to make an appointment for surgery for uterine pathology in the operating room. The patient must refrain from water. No food at least 6 hours before the treatment and have a tampon prepared.
The examination is similar to the internal examination. In which the doctor will put the patient to sleep on the legs like an internal examination Insert a device to expose the cervix After that, the doctor will gradually A small endoscopy through the cervix into the uterine cavity To see abnormalities within the uterine cavity The examination takes about 10-15 minutes in some cases where abnormalities are found. The doctor may have a biopsy to be tested for pathology. And continue to plan for treatment May take a longer period of examination.
This diagnostic method is suitable for patients with abnormalities in the uterine cavity, such as suspected polyps or tumors. Unusual bleeding with no known cause Diagnose and find the cause of infertility for people with IVF. The doctor may examine the uterine cavity before the embryo is implanted. This ensures that the uterine cavity does not contain any abnormalities that hinder the possibility of embryo implantation.
Usually, complications or side effects from a uterine endoscopy are rare but can occur, such as inflammation, infection. This can happen if the patient has a pelvic infection. Or the fallopian tube already Including lower abdominal pain Which can take pain medication After an endoscopic examination of the uterus The patient can perform normal activities after the examination. But recommended abstaining from sex for 3-5 days.
Hysteroscopy helps doctors see clearly to examine and diagnose the uterus. It can also give treatment simultaneously, making medical treatment safe, accurate, and more effective. Especially, for women who have symptoms that are risk of cancer such as; having more or abnormal vagina bleeding, lower abdominal pain, vaginal discharge has an abnormal smell, and high fever; patient should have an examination before it spreads.
Why must come to Nakornthon
Women Health Center offers comprehensive health care services for women of all ages; from health examination to diagnosis, prevention, treating women related diseases. All by specialists in the field, providing consulting services with technology to help diagnose diseases; in order to increase safety and treatment efficiency. It is done with understanding and concern for women health.
Pacakages and Promotions
Article of Women Health Center
Uterine Fibroid, common disease in women
Solve questions on the fetal ultrasound How are each different?
Make big things "small" with gynecological laparoscopic surgery (MIS 3D)
Colposcopy : Pelvic examination and Vaginal examination