Neck pain is a very common problem in everyday life. Because the activities of people have to do in a sitting position, causing the neck to act to carry the weight from the head all day. Also, the neck is a part of the body that can move in many directions, both tilted, and rotated.
- Wrong posture
- Sit at work with a table and chair that are not level to your body.
- Tilting the neck to talk on the phone for a long time.
- Work/play computer continuously for a long time
- Sleep on your stomach regularly or raise the neck to work continuously for a long time, etc.
- Osteoarthritis / Arthritis Osteoarthritis is a condition that is common with age. Loss of minerals bones and joints, or having certain arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis, can also cause neck pain.
- Psychological stress may be caused by work, economic problems, family, insufficient rest, etc., which causes the neck muscles to contract for abnormally long resulting to pain in the neck and head in the occipital area.
- Neck accident This causes the neck to move rapidly. The ligaments or muscles need to be stretched so much that they tear. Pain and muscle spasms causing awkward movement or if there is a serious accident, there may be a fracture or a displacement of the neck.
- Other causes such as congenital cervical spondylosis, abnormal vision, etc.
Pain, stiffness, or dullness around the neck may radiate to the shoulder, shoulder, or arm, in some cases, weakness with numbness. Less neck movement.
When there is neck pain, it should be stopped by a warm and cold compress for 10-20 minutes, or use neck support or a rolled towel that is thick and long enough to support the weight. Wrap it around your neck to limit movement and reduce pressure from the weight of your head. pain relievers such as paracetamol or aspirin may be taken, for example, if taking the drug for 5-7 days and symptoms do not improve, consult a doctor.
Preventing neck pain
Arrange proper daily posture, such as not sleeping on your stomach regularly. Be careful and avoid gestures and gestures that require a lot of bow and tilt.
|The sleeping position should not use pillows that are too hard or too soft. Should use a pillow under the neck so that the face is parallel to the bed.|
|Work posture Arrange the work desk and chair to match the body physique. By having your back against the back of the chair, if using a computer, adjust the monitor to eye level. The arms are attached to the body and should be placed on the armrests and knee level slightly lower than the hip level And should modify the posture frequently and focus on keeping the spine in a straight line.|
Exercising the muscles in the neck to increase flexibility
Exercising muscles to improve flexibility May be done after a warm compress Because the heat will help the tissues. Improved flexibility and pain relief too.
|Position 1: Use the left hand to hold the head above the right ear, pull the head to the left until the neck and shoulders feel tight. Hold and count to 10, repeat 5-10 times, switch on the right side.|
|Step 2: Use your left hand to grab the right hand and pull down. Along with tilting the head to the left until the neck and shoulders feel tight. Hold and count to 10, repeat 5-10 times, switch on the right side.|
|Position 3 Use your right hand to hold the left elbow and pull it over your body. With the head turned to the left until the neck and shoulders feel tight. Hold and count to 10, repeat 5-10 times, switch on the right side.|
Exercise the neck muscles for strength
Begin when your neck pain subsides. By contracting the neck muscles against the hand force as in the picture, while keeping the neck in a straight position all the time, Hold and count to 10, doing 10 poses 2-3 times a day
|Position 1 Place your index and middle fingers on your forehead while applying pressure to your back. Keep your head tightly resistant. While exercising, keep your neck in a straight position.|
|Position 2: Place your index and middle fingers on the occiput while applying pressure towards the front. Keep your head tightly resistant. While exercising, keep your neck in a straight position.|
|Position 3 Use the index finger and middle finger on the right side of the temple. While exerting pressure to the left side Keep your head firmly resistant while exercising. Keep your neck in a straight position. Switch with the left sid|