7 routines that should be avoided if you do not want to suffer from chronic back pain
Center : Nakornthon Absolute Spine Care
Article by : Dr. Sittipong Suttiudom
Have you ever noticed, why your back pain won’t go away or comes and go? The cause of chronic back pain is mainly caused by our actions. Which we may have done without knowing and is often overlook, Let's look at the risk behaviors of back pain to correct it otherwise, spinal disease may occur.
- Overweight- Many people may still wonder if being overweight or obese causes chronic back pain. When you are heavy, this will cause the spine and back muscles to support a lot of weight all the time. The spine needs to support much more weight for a long period the spine deteriorates, causing chronic back pain.
- Women who wear high heels more than 2 inches- You often come home with back pain, due to the back muscles and the hips have to work hard to support you from falling forward if you walk or stand for several hours a day in high heel shoes. Thus causing chronic back pain If you have to wear it often, because of your working time, during lunch break or after work, change to flat shoes to help reduce back pain.
- Sitting in the same position for too long- Sitting in the same position for a long time is repetitive behavior. Especially sitting in front of the computer screen on your desk every day, resulting in muscle fatigue because our muscles work in one group over and over, causing fatigue, inflammation, and back pain, and may lead to office syndrome, or Herniated disc disease.
- Sitting cross-legged - In addition to sitting in the same position for a long time. Cross-legged sitting is a sitting position that directly affects the spine as well, causing pressure on either side of the bottom as a result, the spine and pelvic area can bend.
- Carry heavy things- The necessity to carry a large bag and heavy things all the time daily can contribute to your chronic back pain. Because carrying the bag on one side, raises the shoulder, causing pain in the shoulder, and the body has to be tilted to the opposite side to maintain balance. The back muscles work hard, causing back pain, lumbar pain.
- The mattress is too hard or too soft- Have you ever woken up in the morning and followed by back pain? Makes the bright morning not so bright. Which is caused by choosing a hard or soft mattress, resulting in muscle and spine bent for a long period. Causing aches and back pain, so the mattress should be soft or hard enough. The part of the pillow should support the nape and if you like to sleep on your side, the support pillow should also be high enough so that your shoulders will not be pressed for a long time.
- Not only does smoking affect your respiratory health and the people around you. The nicotine in cigarettes causes blood vessels to dilate. Spinal muscles and the external intervertebral disc have a problem of inability to carry oxygen and nutrients causing a herniated disc. The herniated disc deteriorates or collapses faster than non-smokers. If you do not quit smoking, it increases the likelihood of chronic back pain more.
However, if the above routine has been avoided but still the back pain doesn't go away, you should see a doctor to determine the underlying cause, and correct it promptly so that you will no longer have to suffer from chronic back pain.