Geriatric Clinic provides holistic care, prevention, and rehabilitation services to the elderly according to international standards. The Geriatrician and a multidisciplinary team of physiatrists pharmacists, nurses, physiotherapists, and nutritionists, who are specially trained in elderly care. The assessment of the elderly covers all dimensions, physical, psychosocial, and analyzes the problems of the elderly on a personalized care basis, to plan care according to the health problems and needs of the elderly and their families. As well as counseling for elderly caregivers to plan ongoing care at home and reduce the feeling of burden on the caregiver.
This is because an elderly is at an age with physical, mental, and social deterioration, and their ability to take care of themselves decreases when they get sick. As a result, healthcare for the elderly is more complex. If improper care and management may affect the elderly and their caregivers. Common problems in the elderly are repeated falls, loss of ability to walk, urinary incontinence, intellectual disability, malnutrition, and the occurrence of side effects from medications, etc. Therefore, the elderly should have a knowledgeable doctor. Understanding of elderly disease care to maintain and restore the health of the elderly to have good health as they age and consider forwarding care for the elderly together with doctors in various fields. To promote appropriate and continuous care for the elderly at home. Caregivers are therefore an important part of being prepared both physically and mentally to provide the best care for the elderly.
Led by a specialist in geriatric medicine and a multidisciplinary team specializing in caring for the elderly providing comprehensive care in all aspects. Which consists of the following:
- Geriatrician: Physician of Internal Medicine who has specialized training in geriatric care. Is a person who conducts diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to the elderly covering as a holistic care. Analyzing the problems of the elderly and individual caregivers to prepare for continuous care for the elderly at home. If the elderly is complex to take care of. The Geriatrician will be the person who will consider referring to specialists in other fields. To take care of joint disease as deemed appropriate, to provide effective treatment, and maintain a good quality of life for the elderly.
- Elderly Nurse Specialist: Professional nurse who has specialized training in elderly care. Has the duty of initially assessing and screening problems of the elderly, regarding geriatric syndromes evaluate the skills of the elderly caregivers, elderly care counseling and is a coordinator with a multidisciplinary medical team to participate in a plan for the elderly individual care.
- Pharmacist: It is responsible for evaluating medications and drug interactions among the medications currently taken by the elderly, by using a process of making a list of medications (Medication Reconciliation) that are used to treat each disease for the safety of the elderly.
- Nutritionist: is responsible for assessing malnutrition in the elderly and giving appropriate nutrition advice to the elderly.
- Physiotherapist: is responsible for assessing muscle strength, balance, and analyzing the risk of falls in the elderly, and design appropriate individual exercises in the elderly to promote health.
- Occupational Therapists: They are responsible for assessing and designing activities that help rehabilitate, develop, and slow down aging that affects the daily life of the elderly.
- Skills training and counseling for older people who have difficulty performing everyday tasks such as swallowing, wearing clothing, taking care of their hygiene, etc.
- Skills training and counseling for the elderly with fine motor and motor impairment, such as stroke patients, spinal cord injury and degenerative diseases, etc.
- Assessment and therapy in cognitive and memory among the elderly with dementia and emotional management.
Provide holistic health assessment services in all elements that may have an impact on the health of the elderly and designing personal medical care for the elderly to prevent, promote and restore the elderly to have good health according to their age and provide examination and treatment of specific diseases in the elderly including:
- Intellectual impairment
- Poor stability and falls, with counseling to reduce and prevent the risk that may occur
- Malnutrition low digestion, loss of appetite, weight loss, and evaluation of swallowing, and training the muscles for swallowing to prevent choking
- Elderly people using multiple medications or Polypharmacy
- Depression in the elderly
- Recommendation for suitable immunizations for the elderly
Monday - Friday from 07.00- 14.00 hrs. / Saturday from 07.00- 17.00 hrs. / Sunday from 08.00- 15.00 hrs.
Geriatric Clinic at Internal Medicine Center Fl.1
Tel. 02-450-9999 ext. 1088-1089 or the direct number for nursing consultation for elderly care, tel. 065-9249089 (only Monday - Friday from 08.00- 17.00 hrs.)